how to identify ddr1 ddr2 and ddr3 ddr4 ram physically
The question is DDR1 DDR2 DDR3 and DDR4 how to identify computer RAM (Random Access Memory). DDR RAM is currently the most commonly used in the all over computer brands. Keep updating ram is always good decision to make our computer faster performance. If you are a gamer or engineer [upgraded ram always work best in computer. It is not as difficult as to physically identify them if you follow these steps.
- Distance of Notch
- Integrated Chip (IC) Type
- Number of pins
- Ram voltage
Notch distance in ddr1 ddr2 ddr3 ddr4
There are cut mark on all RAM Notch means that is called “Notch”. If you notice the cut mark all ram has cut mark.
- There is a cut mark on DDR1 above the chip, as you can see on above displayed picture.
- There is no distance difference On DDR2 and DDR4, the cut seems similar, so we need to identify them by chip.
- If you noticed the distance of cut mark in ddr ram, then you can easily find out ddr3 Ram easily. As you can see in above mentioned picture.
Types of Integrated Chip (IC) in ddr1 ddr2 ddr3 ddr4
The black square part of the Ram is called IC and you can see clearly in above mentioned picture. kindly analyse the picture closely.
- Small and square types of this (integrated chip) in DDR3
- DDR2 chip is bigger than DDR3 and smaller than DDR1
- DDR4 is the smallest
keep watching – how to identify ddr1 ddr2 and ddr3 ddr4 ram physically
Number of Pins in ddr1 ddr2 ddr3 ddr4
- DDR1 – 184 Pin
- DDR2 – 240 Pin
- DDR3 – 240 Pin
Voltage of Ram in ddr1 ddr2 ddr3 ddr4
Voltage of Ram, if you notice this things then its very simple to identify because each DDR Ram has unique volt. ddr1 has 2.5 voltage, ddr2 has 1.8 voltage, ddr3 has 1.5 voltage and ddr4 has 1.2 voltage.
- DDR1 – 2.5 v
- DDR2 – 1.8 v
- DDR3 – 1.5 v
- DDR4 – 1.2 v
How to check and find RAM size in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10?
You can check your RAM which is installed on your PC or Laptop without removing it physically. There are 3 methods from which you can find the install size or RAM and usable size of it. Methods are similar in all the windows version from 7 to 10
- Go to My Computer or My PC or This PC
- Right-click on it,
- Then click on Properties.
- That’s it, you will get the complete information about your computer Device Name, Processor, RAM, OS, etc.
- Go to the Control Panel or type control panel in your start menu.
- On the right side top, there is an option View by.
- Select the view by as Large Icons.
- Then find the System option and click on it.
- You will get the complete information about your computer Device Name, Processor, RAM, OS, etc.
how to identify ddr1, ddr2 and ddr3 ram physically | how to identify ddr1 ddr2 and ddr3 ddr4 ram physically |